Monday, May 17, 2010

Blaze The Runway

This video was taken by a friend of mine a few months ago. I was invited to do a fashion show after a very long hiatus from my passion, and as much as the image and sound quality sucks, I'd love if you guys would offer some valuable feedback on the clothing I featured as apart of my spring collection. Eventhough the show took place back in January of this year, three shows later, my collection is still growing. With every new show, there are new pieces being added and featured. Thinking back, I remember a Project Runway contestant doing almost the same thing I'd like to call "classism". Yes I know its not quite a word, but I define it as being more versatile in the fashion community. Each designer should have classism I believe. Showing the same piece becomes quite a wash out and boring at the same time. So as a means to hold the audience's attention, us designers do whatever needs to be done to keep our following wondering. As much as my collection differs a lot form Korto Momolu's (Project Runway Contestant) I feel that we have that bit in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment